Home Vendors Apply Calendar News
News

Sunday, July 15, 2007

Thank you, thank you, thank you
This is just a quick post to thank you all for coming out in droves for today's Felt Club: XL Summer Event. We all had an absolute blast!! Believe me when I say that as great as the press we got was, we still had no idea the crowds were going to end up being so enormous. Clearly we have outgrown our venue! Please know that we are aware of the situation and are hard at work coming up with new and better ways to bring you Felt Club fun in the future.



For everyone who has been asking, we are indeed doing a holiday show on November 18 (no, applications will not be available for another couple of months), and rest assured that the venue we're using for that show is MUCH larger, very well ventilated, and just downright fabulous. We'll be able to share more specifics with you on that soon, so please stay tuned! We think you'll be very pleased.

Many, many thanks so all of you who braved the crowds and heat to come support the super-crafty L.A. scene. Heartfelt apologies to those of you who couldn't take it, and we thank you so much for supporting us as we sort out our growing pains in order to continue bringing you the very best handmade awesomeness California has to offer. We're extremely grateful for your interest in what we're doing, you're the best!!

10 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Thank you! It was fabulous. Can't wait for the next one!!!!

2:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I confess, I was overwhelmed by the crowd/heat/noise when we came at 11 but I was very glad that I came back at 2:30. Things had definitely calmed down, I had fun looking at stuff [snuck out to scoops for ice cream breaks] and now I know how to felt! Despite the heat, it was well worth it--I'm only sad that we just discovered you as we are getting ready to move to Seattle. Maybe we will be visiting when you have your next event...great job! take a break! you deserve it!

11:42 AM  
Blogger Live, Love, Play! said...

Hello! My friends & I had a blast at the Summer event, absolutely fabulous! I enjoyed all of the creativity surrounding me! Continued success & we are looking forward to the holiday event on November 18th! In fact 2 of my friends will be applying to be a vendor at your next show! Thanks for having Red Velvet cupcakes...our favorite! Keep up the great work!:)

1:21 PM  
Blogger HannahMade said...

It was a steamy crafter's paradise...Thank you!

7:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yay I'm so glad you are going to use a bigger venue. I tried to go on sunday but the line in the hot sun was sooo long and mama did not have time for that. Looking forward to november.

7:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was so excited to attend the Summer event. We drove all the way down, only to discover that there was no place to park! We drove around and around several times with no success. We should have driven to the Valley and taken the Metro. Oh, well. Glad to hear that you are moving to a bigger venue. I hope it has ample parking or at least is near the Metro. See you then!

8:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for bringing this to us! I went to a workshop and felt like we were crafting in the dark. I only stayed for an hour at the sweatfest and was disappointed I didn't see much but merely was carried with the crowds. I look forward to a bigger, better venue in Nov.!

6:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Felt Club was crafty fun, (yay swag bags!) but crowded beyond belief. I'd suggest juggling the vendor rows (the extra floor space down by the d.j. stage could've been used to widen the other aisles a smidge) but it's all moot, since the event is moving to a bigger venue in November -- thank gawdess! Still a supergroovy time!

3:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Meli Says... I volunteered in the morning and it was awsome, so many diffrent things as i attend shows and make my own crafts this show was a diffrent one, i loved it, it was so artistlicly inclined and just palin o crazy... i will sure be trying to be a vendor for november but if not i will definetly attend to volunteer the people "jenny and others " were totatlly nice and welcomin... see you in november..

9:38 AM  
Blogger textile_fetish said...

Thanks, Jenny, for making the event a huge success. As a vendor, it's hard for me to complain about crowds, but that seems to have been the only issue (since the crowds actully made the room hotter). So I can't complain! It was a great time! I'll always have fond memories and pictures and hopefully I can come back next year.

6:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Join the Felt Club Mailing List!
Email: